Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sending Love from Brazil

I'm holding up in Brazil for a little while escaping the not-so-blustery New York winter. While it's great to get away from the cold and dark, it's less wonderful to be away from the people I love on Valentines day. 

February 14th is not Valentines Day is Brazil, but I still found a way to add a little Brazilian flavor to my romantic routine.


Brigadeiro is a signature Brazilian sweet made from chocolate, condensed milk, and butter rolled into bite-sized balls. No party or festivity is complete without them, including Dia dos Namorados, Brazil's Lover's Day on June 12. Although Brazilians won't officially celebrate their romantic relationships for another five months, the owners of My Sweet Brigadeiro in New York's Financial District are whipping up a special batch of love-inspired sweets.

Buy your box of brigadeiro in person at their storefront on Broad Street or order one to be shipped directly to your loved one's doorstep.

See a write up of My Sweet Brigadeiro in the New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment