Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Proof is in the Portuguese: My guest post on Viagens, Cultura e Conhecimento

Up to now, all my writing on this blog has been in English, but I assure you, I read, speak, and write Portuguese as well. A few months ago, my good (Brazilian) friend, Juliana Miranda, asked me to write  a guest post (in Portuguese) for her blog about cross cultural experiences and learning, Viagens, Cultura e Conhecimento. I was honored Juliana asked me to contribute the first guest post for the blog she maintains as part of her job at Superádio Piratininga in São Paulo, but I wasn't surprised. When Juliana and I were both living in New Jersey, we spent most of our time together exchanging stories from our time abroad, contemplating the differences and similarities between our native cultures, and sharing our awe of the impact our respective experiences had had on us. 
I can't thank Juliana enough for giving me the opportunity to share my story with her readers, and for publishing my first piece of writing in Brazil! Please check out my post and read Juliana's other insightful entries: http://www.superradiopiratininga.com.br/viagensculturaeconhecimento/?p=50

No comments:

Post a Comment